Today’s round-up of food things.
7 Common Kitchen Disasters and How To Avoid Them – Because avoiding food mistakes means less food waste which means saving money. I appreciate the blender tip. Mine has a missing top. I just use a lid from a storage bowl that’s slightly larger than the top of my blender and hold it there.
Groundswell is giving away free non-GMO seeds. Here’s what you have to do to get some:
How it Works
- Sign up to receive seeds and share the names of at least two friends or family members interested in receiving seeds as well.
- Groundswell sends you a packet of open-pollinated, non-GMO seeds from Sow True Seed, a locally-owned company based in Asheville, NC.
- By planting these seeds, you are supporting healthy seeds that can be saved and used to reproduce food year after year.
- After you have signed up to receive seeds, stay tuned! Below are different ways to connect to receive updates on the campaign from now through the end of April.
- Groundswell Monthly Newsletter
- Updates from the Ground Blog
- Twitter: Follow us @GroundswellInt
- Facebook: Like us Facebook.com/GroundswellInternational
- Instagram: Follow us @GroundswellInt
Ann from Bohan Seeds has very generously offered FREE veggie seeds to readers here. She says, “If you would be interested ,please check my site out but instead of ordering through the site just send email from site with what you want and I will do what I can to comply. Free of course. Please start your email with Poor As Folk so I will know. ”
Thank you so much, Ann!