[contents: food stamp cuts, block grants, former prisoners,senior citizens,Jeb Bush. Specific states: Pennsylvaia,Nebraska,Illinois,Massachusetts,Maine ]
- Food Assistance Cuts Affecting Up To 1 Million Impoverished Americans Ignored By Network News – 22 states reinstated policies that cut food stamps to around 1 million people and major network news sources never talked about it.
- Why Half a Million People Will Lose Their Food Stamps This Year – a refresher on why these cuts are happening
- For Maine Families Depending on SNAP for Groceries, Every Penny Counts – this shows what shopping looks like on SNAP plus mentions important things like lack of transportation and food accessibility
- Nebraska Could Be The Next State To Stop Punishing Drug Felons Years After They Leave Prison – hallelujah
- Put SNAP Into Block Grants? No Way – I covered this a little bit in the last SNAP news update. GOP wants to end the SNAP program and give states “block grants”. This is what that would mean.
- Editorial: Hunger has no place here in the US -this is really just a praise peice for Rep Jim McGovern from Massachusetts but brings to light key issues surrounding hunger in the US. McGovern is easily the most vocal rep that I can think of on this issue ,so I don’t even mind the praising tone
- 1700 Beaver County residents could lose food stamps in June – cuts in PA coming in June
- Are SNAP benefits really too low? On one hand, SNAP IS an effective anti-poverty program but in some areas, the amount really is too low, in my opinion. As much as I dislike SNAP challenges, we’ve seen politicians and celebs demonstrate that it’s really frickin’ hard to eat on SNAP and it isn’t just because those people are used to eating outrageously. If it’s being suggested that SNAP amounts are already enough, that essentially says that low income people don’t deserve to eat enough or well.
- SNAP and Seniors: A Health and Economic Issue -you don’t even have to read this one to know it’s shameful
- When we deny food stamps to ex-offenders we set them up to fail – precisely. It makes no sense at all
- Food stamps to be offered for more Illinois families – Good news for Illinois . SNAP is being expanded to include more families.
- Jeb Bush, Please Educate Yourself About Food Stamps – yeah, I doubt that’ll happen